Come Heller high water …
- If there was a Mount Rushmore of Shame for the 2016 presidential election, Mark Zuckerberg’s face would have to be on it right along with Trump, Putin, Julian Assange and Steve Bannon. Intentional or not, the Zuck sold out his country by letting his platform and our data be weaponized to help win a political campaign. His lame non-apology about Cambridge Analytica and his pledge to investigate are a lot too little a lot too late. And why would we trust him to do the right thing now anyway when he didn’t do it in the first place? Because he got caught? Please.
- Plus, it’s still possible (though harder) to still “poke” or “wave” at people on Facebook. And that’s unforgivable.
- I’m so mad at Facebook I wanted to close my account. Then I thought, “Wait, where else am I gonna find those adorable “Share if you remember (ice cube trays, dress patterns or paper routes) memes?” Life would be incomplete without them, right?
- Listen, I’m very serious about this: If someone made a whole loaf of bread with just heels, I would buy it. I’ve been known to take all the slices out of the bag to get at the butt at the back. (Don’t judge. I like bread butts, and I cannot lie. You other fellas can’t deny.)
- Spring arrived Tuesday. I slipped on the ice. In Michigan, spring doesn’t officially arrive until you can leave the heater off in the car. So, around June.
- Damn you, Wolf Blitzer. Updating a story that’s 24 hours old is not “breaking” news. It’s barely even news, no matter how urgently you say it. This is what I get for violating my rule against watching CNN.
- Putin was re-elected this week. Say what you will about the guy but winning two presidential elections in two different countries in a single year is pretty darned impressive.
- Looks like Mike Fiers, the Tigers only real free agent acquisition of the winter, is going to start the season on the DL. My guess is he’s not really hurt, he just got a good look at the offense they’re going to put on the field and figured, “Why bother?” Truly, this could be one of the worst offenses in MLB history, especially after they trade Castellanos in June.
- I’m kinda down on this rebuild if you can’t tell.
- I really thought the Pistons would catch fire after trading for Blake Griffin. Is it the coaching then?
- I just accidentally read the following headline online: “25 Things You Never Knew About Britney Spears’ Ex Kevin Federline.” And now I’m curious to find out what they are. Because, I don’t know about you, but I’d have trouble coming up with 10 things people don’t know about me. And this guy’s got 25!
- Saginaw County is the most obese county in the state, according to a new study. Zehnder’s and Bavarian Inn are probably partly to blame. That’s some good stuff.
- New Hampshire changed the name of its “Luck, Yeah” lottery game after complaints it was profane. I’m not sure the new name – “WTF, Critics?” is any better.
- Yes, I’m kidding.
- Police in Texas said they tracked the Austin bomber through his cell phone. Why tell people that? Now the next bomber’s going to chuck his phone. Smooth, fellas. Smooth.
- “No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.” —Hal Borland
- “Except possibly in Michigan.” – Andy
Image credit: DonkeyHotey