Come Heller high water …
- So if you’re a Senate Democrat, do you filibuster any SCOTUS choice now and in the future because Republicans stonewalled Obama’s nominee for nearly a year or do you take the high road, forget the past and vote on merit? I’m not happy to admit this but I’d fight fire with fire. (I reserve the right to change my fickle mind.) They set a nasty new precedent by not even allowing the vote. Dems have to respond in kind. It’s the only way to deal with bullies. Somewhere down the road the two sides are going to have to agree to behave better or this merry-go-round of 10-year-old behavior is never going to stop spinning.
- President Trump fired Attorney General Sally Yates for not defending his temporary Muslim ban. Although he says it’s not a ban. It’s more of an alternative No Vacancy sign.
- The Associated Press reported yesterday that the guy looking into voter fraud for Trump was registered to vote in three states. He said it’s no big deal, though, because he voted for Trump in all three.
- Trump said the voter fraud investigation will get to the bottom of “those registered to vote who are dead, and many for a long time.” Wait. The dead vote? So that’s why the line’s so slow at my precinct.
- So if you’re dead and register to vote, what do you list as your residence – the ground? How long ‘til there’s a spin-off of “The Walking Dead” called “The Voting Dead”?
- Many people are starting to wonder where Melania is. She hasn’t spoken publicly, hasn’t been interviewed, hasn’t set up a staff. Has anyone checked the airports? She might be stuck in security. “Hey, honey, sorry about that, but no exceptions.
- Just in time for the Super Bowl, Tostitos has come up with a new bag with a Breathalyzer in it that tells you if you’re too drunk to drive. Which is nice but a little weird. But I’d prefer a sensor on cans of beer that alerts me when someone double dips a chip. Now that would be useful. Or how about a sensor that says, “Do you have any idea how many calories are in one corn chip?”
- Patriots, 38, Falcons, 13. Not even close. Tom Brady wins the MVP. He’s the best quarterback of all time, with inflated or deflated balls. (Easy now.)
- My other Super Bowl predictions: One, I won’t watch a second of pregame. I don’t need to know about a backup linebacker’s childhood battle with chicken pox. Nor do I need the “wacky hijinks” of the Fox football analysts. Two, the commercials will be a huge disappointment because they always are. The weepy ones are too weepy, the funny ones aren’t and the bawdy ones are just plain stupid.
- A fur-free terrier is said to be a front-runner to win the upcoming Westminster Dog Show. Why would anyone want a hairless dog? A bark-less dog, maybe. A poop-less dog, certainly. But hairless cats (my mom has one) look like they’re from outer space and leave oil on anything they brush against. Can you imagine the oil slick a dog would put out? Brr. Although it would be fun to have a dog you could name Patrick Stewart.
- “The ‘self-image’ is the key to human personality and human behavior. Change the self image and you change the personality and the behavior.” – Maxwell Maltz.
Image credit: Kjetil Ree