Come Heller high water …
- So, for my Flint area friends, I’m hearing that Durand’s mysterious “Project Tim” might very well be a Tesla plant. If this turns out to be incorrect, I’ll deny I ever said it. But if I’m right, then, well, I told you so and you should have listened to me all along.
- I really hope it’s Tesla. Building a million square foot plant in Michigan would be a fantastic “Up Yours” to Gov. Snyder and the Republican state legislature that last year effectively told Tesla it wasn’t welcome to sell cars here. If it happens, just watch how fast Snyder and the GOP start sucking up to Tesla. Oh, please, please, please, let this happen.
- Chief Boy Scout Executive Michael Surbaugh apologized Wednesday to scouting families that were offended by President Trump’s extremely partisan speech to the nonpartisan national Jamboree, calling it “political rhetoric.” Man, if you’re Trump, that’s really gotta suck to be A) Scolded by the Boy Scouts, and B) Scolded by a guy who wears short pants and a ranger hat to work.
- If you missed it, Trump criticized the media, bashed Obamacare, called Washington politics a cesspool and boasted – again – about his victory, aka the longest touchdown celebration in history. He also said “Who the hell wants to speak about politics when I’m in front of the Boy Scouts.” Yes, he swore in front of Boy Scouts. Quite a guy.
- Also this week in “As the Trump Turns,” Jared Kushner said Monday he’s never colluded with the Russians. What he didn’t say of course was that he clearly attempted to.
- Dear America: Please don’t let them get away with saying it doesn’t count if they didn’t succeed at colluding. (And btw, we don’t know yet if they’re telling the truth about that either.)
- He also said he didn’t read the email that mentioned he was going to be meeting with Russians with dirt on Hillary. Which sounds ridiculous. But let’s all remember that everybody believed Bill Clinton when he said he didn’t inhale, right? So let’s be fair here.
- You caught the sarcasm there, right? I’m told sometimes I’m obtuse.
- Say, maybe “I didn’t read it” is going to be this generation’s version of that.
- Kushner also blamed his assistant for there being no mention of the Russian meetings on his federal security clearance forms. Wow, I wanna work for that guy. “Bus, meet my assistant.”
- By the way, the “premature” forms Kushner’s assistant turned in included four separate pages with Kushner’s signature.
- I miss Sean Spicer already. The Wall Street Journal reported that he – and this is true – conducted a late evening raid on the office of junior staffers who had earlier refused Spicer’s request that they give him their mini-fridge. The paper said, “He was spotted by a fellow White House official lugging the icebox down the White House driveway after 8 p.m.” Which is epic, you must admit. See, you’ll miss him, too. Somewhere, Melissa McCarthy is in tears about his resignation.
- People are annoyed that Olympic champion Michael Phelps only raced a CGI great white shark during Shark Week on Discovery. I’m annoyed that so many people actually thought he would. If the shark had been real, that would have been the shortest race in history. “Gulp! Mmm, delicious, but tastes like chicken.” Race over.
- Sorry, but it’s too damned early for NFL news and back-to-school sales. And yet both are here. Stop jumping the season, people. Summer’s too short.
- “The past is a great place and I don’t want to erase it or to regret it, but I don’t want to be its prisoner either.” -Mick Jagger
Image credit: DonkeyHotey