Come Heller high water …
- When I read about guys like Bill O’Reilly, I wonder what they’d think if their daughters were treated that way by men they work for.
- And before you say “innocent until proven guilty,” if Fox fires the guy after investigating, ’nuff said.
- One of the best things about the Internet is its instantness. Anyone can broadcast whatever they want to the world in a snap. That’s also the worst thing about the Internet. No one should have wanted to see the video of the Facebook murderer killing 74-year-old Robert Godwin Sr., God rest his soul. But a lot of people did. It was viewed more than 1.6 million times before it was removed.
- I’m just glad I didn’t accidentally see it. I don’t want to see that. I don’t need to see that. And if you did – if you willingly sought out the video and consumed it – may it haunt you the rest of your days. I inadvertently saw a few seconds of reporter Daniel Pearl’s beheading at the hands of terrorists and to this day it comes back to me in dreams.
- You can be certain we’ll see more of that kind of thing in the future. Bad people copycat this sort of thing. I’m firmly convinced a lot of the slaughters we see today are a direct result of Columbine. Hug your loved ones close.
- I wish Trump would spell-check his tweets. He needs a talking to from my high school English teacher: “Tax Returns should not be capitalized, young man. And the term is ‘hereby,’ not ‘hear by.’”
- C’mon, winter, let go, wouldja? No more days in the 40s, OK?
- I say that because I just attended a high school track meet. Four hours sitting on a metal bench. There’s no weather worse than track weather.
- At the request of Prime Minister Theresa May, Great Britain will hold a special early election for her job, even though one wasn’t scheduled for three more years. Hey, America, are you thinking what I’m thinking?
- A packet of McDonald’s Szechuan sauce from 1998 just sold on eBay for $14,000. The guy who sold it found it on the floor of a used car he bought. So tomorrow, I’m searching the minivan. I’m guessing there are at least a hundred McDonald’s French fries back there that are at least as old as that sauce packet. Who knew having kids would pay off someday?
- It’s prom-posal season. Every teenage boy is busy figuring out a big, showy way to ask a girl to the prom. I think that’s unfair. How’s a girl supposed to say no when the kid asking her rents a Lamborghini, hires Mr. T to drive it, and has the local marching band play “entrance” music? C’mon. Too much pressure. I prefer the old way. Boy asks girl way out of his league. She says no and he goes home and develops a lifelong complex about what a loser he is.
- “Let me give you a wonderful Zen practice. Wake up in the morning , look in the mirror, and laugh at yourself.” — Bernie Glassman.
Image credit: DonkeyHotey