Come Heller high water …
- Eric Trump said his father isn’t a racist because he only sees one color: green. I guess that means the only immigrants getting into the country from now on are going to be leprechauns. (Do they even have leprechauns in Norway?)
- The odd thing is, when it comes to food, green is the only color he doesn’t see.
- Speaking of Norway, when she testified before a Senate committee about what Trump calling Haiti and other nations “shitholes,” Trump’s Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen said she couldn’t remember if Trump used that term. So apparently whatever Trump’s got, it’s catching. All of sudden, no one in Washington can hear or remember anything.
- Nielsen also said she didn’t know whether Norway was a predominantly white country. She said that. Of Norway. Perhaps the palest country in the world. And her name is Kirstjen, which sounds pretty darned Nordic to me. So you tell me she wasn’t lying.
- The White House doctor said Trump asked for a cognitive test and scored 30 out of 30, which is good to hear. So when he testifies he won’t be able to say, “I don’t remember,” right?
- Here’s the scary thing: If he’s not going senile, then that means he’s being an angry, small, misogynistic, racist, Russian-colluding prick on purpose.
- Trump has stretched the waistband of shock when it comes to the presidency. That might be his most lasting legacy. Can you imagine any other president being accused of having an affair with a porn star and it not being all anyone could talk about? But with him, it’s just one more thing.
- I’m throwing these next few items in here so this isn’t officially an all-Trump column, because I hate that he’s so all-consuming.
- There’s no ring of hell low enough for Larry Nassar, the MSU and Gymnastics USA doctor who assaulted 100 girls. Seriously, the devil’s going to give up his throne and scepter to this guy. “Here you go, dude, you’re earned it.” The young women who spoke at his sentencing are courageous as hell.
- I was at a barber shop when a guy in the chair and the barber were chatting about “product.” When did “product” become the new term for hair gel? I suppose it sounds more sophisticated than hair goop, but since when did everyone start speaking hair stylist-speak? I wonder what my grandfathers would say: “Product? Hair goop isn’t a ‘product,’ it’s hair goop. We used to call it Brylcrèem. A little dab’ll do ya.”
- Ann Curry said she wasn’t surprised to hear about Matt Lauer, which probably surprises him. The thing about guys like Lauer, though, is they fool no one but themselves.
- The meteor that exploded over the Detroit area is worth as much as $1,000 per gram, according to the Free Press. Let’s see, there are 453.592 grams per pound, which means a pound of meteor would be worth … well, pretty much worth my weekend going down there to look for space rocks. See you out there.
- “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Image credit: DonkeyHotey