Come Heller high water …
- Trump says he’s super smart. But is he? Is he really? I mean, c’mon, he keeps insulting the intelligence community. How smart is that? I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed but even I know you don’t taunt people with access to spy satellites, listening devices and poison darts, OK?
- But seriously, you don’t mess with spies. They can take you down. Trump’s a fool. He even tweeted this: “The real scandal here is that classified information is illegally given out by ‘intelligence’ like candy.” But how does he know it’s them? Maybe it’s his own staff and they’re leaking info because they realize, “Oh my god, this guy really IS nuts”?
- And by saying his spies shouldn’t have said anything, isn’t Trump tacitly admitting that, yes, he knew weeks ago about Flynn but didn’t tell the nation? So what’s worse, hiding the truth or revealing the truth that’s being hidden?
- “The Morning Joe” show on MSNBC has banned Kellyanne Conway, saying her fibs render her no longer credible. I’m standing and applauding. That’s what all journalists should do. You lie, you don’t get on, including the president.
- Alternative facts, my patoot.
- All of this said, I think it’s a bit early to be tossing around words like treason and Watergate about the Flynn episode. But it’s not too early to ask why Trump, Flynn and the rest of them were acting like they were in office before they were in office.
- Kim Jong Un’s half-brother died after being sprayed in the face with an unknown liquid at an airport. My guess is it was Axe body spray. That stuff is toxic at 20 yards.
- Can you imagine anything worse than being one of Kim Jong’s relatives? I’m telling you, at Thanksgiving, I’m making sure that guy gets the mashed potatoes first.
- Trump is expected to sign a repeal of an Obama-era regulation created following the Sandy Hook massacre that would have prevented mentally ill people from buying guns. Thank goodness, too. Because if there’s one thing the 2nd Amendment guarantees, it’s the right for crazy people to conveniently and affordably buy combat weaponry to slaughter dozens of little kids. God bless, America. Thank you, NRA. Ain’t you proud.
- About TV news reporters talking about the latest Trump scandal, the lovely yet formidable Marcia observed the following on Facebook the other day: “It’s sounding like they’ve moved from ubiquitous use of ‘doubling down’ to ‘let’s not get out over our skis.’ PLEASE, PEOPLE, can we STOP SPEAKING in CLICHE?” Naturally, all of her smart aleck friends then responded using clichés like “down in the weeds,” “stay in your lane” and “boots on the ground.” Because that’s what friends do.
- Spring training has begun down in Lakeland, Fla. Winter can kiss my sweet behind. Spring is here. But only down there right now. Here it’s just not here yet. But soon!
- Wow, reviewing this, this was an angry and political column today. Apologies. But these are angry, political times.
- “No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.” – Abraham Lincoln.
Image credit: DonkeyHotey