Come Heller high water …
- Love that Time magazine made the women who spoke up about the Weinsteins, Spaceys, Trumps, Frankens and Moores of the world their Persons of the Year. Fitting, too. Sexual harassment, like rape, is about power. And these women spoke truth to power, which is what brave people do.
- I miss the days when Time, Newsweek and other magazines actually mattered, don’t you?
- The polls in Alabama show a dead heat more or less. So maybe shame isn’t dead after all in Alabama. But aren’t polls meaningless in the post-Trump era?
- My beef with polls is their lack of honesty. Pollsters love to tell us how scientific they are and how the results have a margin of error of three or four points either way. And then we get a Trump. In my mind, since polls measure human sentiment, they have a margin of error of 100 percent, making them more voodoo than science. Polls probably say I’m wrong. But I’m not.
- His opponent Doug Jones said “I damn sure believe and have done my part to ensure that men who hurt little girls should go to jail ― not to the U.S. Senate.” I agree, but from what I’m learning about the U.S. Senate, it sounds like Moore will fit right in.
- I don’t think Trump is senile because I don’t like his politics. I think he’s senile because he does inexplicable things like denying that’s him on the Billy Bush tape. Someone who is in control of his mind and emotions would think, “That’d be a dumb thing to say. All reporters would have to do is ask the people on the bus, including Bush.” Someone who is not would just blunder ahead anyway.
- Putin says he’s running for re-election. I propose we spend every dollar in the U.S. treasury buying Facebook and Twitter ads against him. Who’s with me?
- Was anyone else not surprised when the Lions couldn’t even knock down their former stadium? Every Lions fan I knew said, “Typical.”
- Be honest: Don’t you sometimes feel stupid singing a lot of Christmas tunes? Usually I’m OK with singing inane songs, but sometimes when it’s Rudolph, Frosty, Santa Baby or 12 Days of Christmas, I think, “This is the best we’ve got?” Yeah, I need to lighten up.
- How was I the last person on the planet to know about Bitcoin? A year ago it was trading in the $700 range a share. This week it surpassed $14,000 a share. A lot of fortunes were made this year. Mine wasn’t one of them. Then again, a lot of fortunes will be lost, too, when the inevitable fall occurs.
- Don’t know what a Bitcoin is? Neither did I. I looked it up. It appears to be a made up currency that almost nobody accepts but now everybody wants. So it’s essentially Monopoly money. But then again, so is “regular” money. By itself, dollar bills have no value. We’ve just collectively chosen to pretend that these bits of metal and paper are worth something so we’re not exchanging chickens, which used to be a form of currency. I’ve now thoroughly confused you, so my work here is done.
- “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin.
Image credit: CafeCredit.com